This straightforward recipe for coconut balls begins with toasting the coconut to actually make the no bake deal with scrumptious. Solely 3 substances for a candy coconut truffle!
This recipe was made in partnership with Imperial Sugar. CLICK HERE for the total recipe.
Straightforward Toasted Toasted Coconut Balls!
I’m so excited to share this straightforward no bake coconut balls recipe with you in the present day! These toasted coconut balls are a fast model of a coconut macaroon, as excellent to your Christmas cookie platter as they’re for a candy deal with with a cup of espresso. Having a couple of additional straightforward recipes across the holidays to reward or host with is all the time useful. And I’ve some enjoyable variation concepts for you too! Toasting the coconut solely provides a couple of additional minutes to the entire time, however actually add to the flavour and texture. In case you are a coconut lover these are for you.
For the FULL ingredient checklist and printable recipe CLICK HERE.
- Desiccated coconut
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mild brown sugar
What’s Desiccated Coconut?
Desiccated coconut is the “meat” of the coconut that’s shredded or flaked and dried. I take advantage of desiccated coconut on this recipe, as a substitute of sweetened flaked or sweetened shredded coconut. The primary distinction is that it’s unsweetened. The opposite distinction is its shredded smaller that common flaked coconut. I favor the desiccated coconut on this recipe, because the smaller shreds give a greater texture within the balls. The shreds aren’t fairly as lengthy which helps maintain the balls collectively a little bit simpler, and make a barely denser ball. For those who don’t have desiccated coconut, you may merely pulse common coconut flakes within the meals processor a couple of occasions, creating an identical consequence. Consider is just like the distinction between fast oats and old style oats.
How To Make Coconut Balls/Directions:
- Divide the coconut in half. Working in batches add half the coconut into a big nonstick skillet. Warmth over medium-low warmth till golden and toasted, stirring continuously. As soon as the coconut is toasted, switch it to a big baking sheet to chill. Repeat with the remaining coconut.
- When the coconut is cooled, reserve 1/3 cup of the coconut and place in a small bowl for rolling. Put aside.
- In a big bowl mix the remaining coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and brown sugar and stir to mix evenly.
- Utilizing a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, portion out the combination and type into tight ball 1-inch balls – 1 1/2-inch in diameter. Roll the coconut ball within the reserved toasted coconut and set on a parchment lined sheet to set. Repeat with the remaining combination.
- Permit the balls to arrange at room temperature for an hour after which switch to an hermetic container to retailer.
The way to Retailer:
These coconut balls retailer splendidly. Retailer them hermetic for as much as every week at room temperature or as much as 2 weeks within the fridge. In addition they freeze nice to make forward. Simply retailer them within the freezer in an hermetic container for as much as 2 months. Thaw them at room temperature.
This recipe is so easy in its flavors, so it may possibly simply be amped up with variations! Listed below are a couple of enjoyable concepts:
- Drizzle with or dip in melted chocolate! You should use semi-sweet, milk, or white chocolate to make chocolate coconut balls! For those who dip them in coconut, you may minimize the chocolate with a little bit coconut oil or shortening to skinny it out. Merely use a fork to dip into the melted chocolate coating, faucet off the surplus chocolate, and permit them to arrange at room temperature or within the fridge.
- Place an almond on prime and dip the entire ball in chocolate for an Almond Pleasure vibe! Actually any nuts can be nice in these…suppose hazelnuts with a chocolate drizzle!
- You possibly can even combine mini chocolate chips proper into the coconut combination earlier than forming them into balls.
- Sprinkle in a little bit cinnamon to to coconut combination for a cinnamon sugar model!
- Soften some caramel candies and drizzle caramel on prime for a sticky candy deal with. Sprinkle a little bit flaked sea salt on that caramel for the final word salted caramel truffle.
- Add in a little bit vanilla extract, almond extract, or rum extract to actually add extra taste to those coconut truffles. You possibly can even add in a little bit coconut extract so as to add to the coconut taste!
Click here for the full recipe over at Imperial Sugar.
Love Coconut? Strive These Recipes Too:
PIN for later: